EA GUI Prototyping Workshop
This workshop teaches delegates how to create GUI prototypes in Enterprise Architect. Delegates learn how to create wireframe diagrams and website designs with interface controls populated with realistic content. The workshop also teaches delegates how to create a state machine diagram to automate the interface interaction.
Delegates should have a working knowledge of Enterprise Architect.
For on-site delivery the customer should provide a suitable training room with a screen or projector to connect to our trainer’s laptop and a whiteboard or flipchart. All delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect.
For webinar delivery delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect with an Internet connection (a headset can be helpful). If you wish to test your environment join a test WebEx meeting: www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
A trial version of Enterprise Architect is fine for training and can be downloaded from Sparx Systems website: www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/trial.html. It is also helpful to have a mouse as this makes creating diagrams much easier.
40% theory, 60% practical.
This workshop comprises a set of targeted hands-on exercises to allow delegates to become confident creating GUI prototypes in Enterprise Architect.
Each delegate receives a booklet containing all the workshop slides and comprehensive theory notes which form excellent reference material. Booklets also contain exercises and suggested solutions. Following successful completion of the workshop each delegate receives a certificate.
- Delegate background and objectives
- Timetable and course outline
EA Teaching – 0.5 hour
EA Hands-On Exercises – 1 hour
- Create Wireframe diagrams in EA
- Model container frame features in EA
- Add standard interface controls in EA
- Populate controls with realistic content in EA
- Include images, toolbars and menus in EA
- Use composite elements in EA
- Learn about GUI patterns in EA
- Trace GUI to requirements in EA
EA Teaching – 1.5 hours
EA Hands-On Exercises – 2.5 hours
- Create dialog boxes and add controls
- Use composition to connect dialog boxes
- Generate interactive HTML output
- Traceability from design to requirements
- Build state machine to model interface states
- Define signals that trigger state changes
- Automate interface by executing state machine