EA Scripting Workshop
This workshop teaches delegates how to write scripts to control and update models in Enterprise Architect. Delegates use VBScript to automate repetitive tasks such as updating tagged values, to manipulate diagrams, to perform a complex search and to transfer data to and from MS Excel.
Delegates should have a working knowledge of Enterprise Architect.
Some basic programming experience is also helpful, but not essential.
For on-site delivery the customer should provide a suitable training room with a screen or projector to connect to our trainer’s laptop and a whiteboard or flipchart. All delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect.
For webinar delivery delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect with an Internet connection (a headset can be helpful). If you wish to test your environment join a test WebEx meeting: www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
A trial version of Enterprise Architect is fine for training and can be downloaded from Sparx Systems website: www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/trial.html. It is also helpful to have a mouse as this makes creating diagrams much easier.
35% theory, 65% practical.
This workshop comprises a set of targeted hands-on exercises to allow delegates to become confident using scripts to control and update models in Enterprise Architect.
Each delegate receives a booklet containing all the workshop slides and comprehensive theory notes which form excellent reference material. Booklets also contain exercises and suggested solutions. Following successful completion of the workshop each delegate receives a certificate.
- Delegate background and objectives
- Timetable and course outline
EA Teaching – 2 hours
EA Hands-On Exercises – 4 hours
- Write scripts to control and update EA models
- Write a script to update tagged values
- Write a script to manipulate diagrams
- Write a script to perform a complex search
EA Teaching – 1 hour
EA Hands-On Exercises – 3 hours
- Write scripts to connect Excel to EA via API
- Write scripts to transfer data from Excel to EA
- Write scripts to transfer data from EA to Excel
- Extend scripts to transfer tagged values
- Synchronise EA elements with Excel