EA Excel Data Transfer Workshop
This workshop teaches delegates how to transfer data between Enterprise Architect and MS Excel. Delegates use CSV files and VBScript to synchronise data. This allows information such as a set of requirements or data model or to be updated either as a spreadsheet or graphical model.
A good working knowledge of Enterprise Architect is helpful. Some basic programming experience is also helpful, but not essential.
For webinar delivery delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect with an Internet connection (a headset can be helpful). If you wish to test your environment join a test WebEx meeting: www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
A trial version of Enterprise Architect is fine for training and can be downloaded from Sparx Systems website: www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/trial.html. It is also helpful to have a mouse as this makes creating diagrams much easier.
30% theory, 70% practical
This workshop comprises a set of targeted hands-on exercises to allow delegates to become confident using CSV and scripts to transfer data between Enterprise Architect and MS Excel.
Each delegate receives a booklet containing all the workshop slides and comprehensive theory notes which form excellent reference material. Booklets also contain exercises and suggested solutions. Following successful completion of the workshop each delegate receives a certificate.
- Delegate background and objectives
- Timetable and course outline
EA Teaching – 0.5 hour
EA Hands-On Exercises – 1.5 hours
- Use CSV to transfer data from Excel to EA
- Use CSV to transfer data from EA to Excel
- Use CSV to transfer tagged values
EA Teaching – 1 hour
EA Hands-On Exercises – 3 hours
- Write scripts to connect Excel to EA via API
- Write scripts to transfer data from Excel to EA
- Write scripts to transfer data from EA to Excel
- Extend scripts to transfer tagged values
- Synchronise EA elements with Excel