EA MDG Technology Workshop
This workshop teaches delegates how to customise Enterprise Architect using profiles. Delegates learn how to build an MDG technology containing profiles for custom diagram types, toolbox pages, elements and relationships. Element profiles can define colours, fonts, shapes and tagged value custom properties.
Delegates should have a good working knowledge of Enterprise Architect.
For webinar delivery delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect with an Internet connection (a headset can be helpful). If you wish to test your environment join a test WebEx meeting: www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
A trial version of Enterprise Architect is fine for training and can be downloaded from Sparx Systems website: www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/trial.html. It is also helpful to have a mouse as this makes creating diagrams much easier.
40% theory, 60% practical
This workshop comprises a set of targeted hands-on exercises to build an MDG technology containing profiles that customise Enterprise Architect.
Each delegate receives a booklet containing all the workshop slides and comprehensive theory notes which form excellent reference material. Booklets also contain exercises and suggested solutions. Following successful completion of the workshop each delegate receives a certificate.
- Delegate background and objectives
- Timetable and course outline
EA Teaching – 2 hours
EA Hands-On Exercises – 4 hours
- Create profile for custom element types
- Add tagged values to elements
- Define custom relationships
- Create profile for custom toolbox pages
- Create profile for custom diagram type
- Combine profiles into an MDG technology
- Create profile for custom package
- Define pattern for toolbox or model wizard